Monday, November 1, 2010

Hey there Stranger..

Bay and I enjoying some QT @ the beach.
It's been awhile.
I know, I know.
I've even received a few phone calls to make sure I was alive.
I'm alive.
Barely.
To be honest,
this past year has been rough for me.
For a couple reasons.
One of those reasons is
my health.
Am I dying?
No, well, yes, someday right?
I hope this doesn't scare ya but you know we are all gonna go one day, right?
I have had a ton of health mysteries.
From my surgery in Jan.
to
a possible celiac scare
to
a long drawn out way to find out I had
a staph infection.
MIS-ER-ABLE!
To now...
I still have no answers.
I'm still sick,
being tested (in more ways than one)
for what it could be now.
On yet another round of
meds.
4 to be exact.
I'm utterly exhausted.
My body
spirit
mind
soul
wants to quit.
And all I can think about is
dying.
I know it sounds so morbid.
But when you have been sick for
a
straight
YEAR
then maybe you can come correct
and challenge that.
Until then, just listen.
I also think a ton about my mom.
Then I feel like a total baby.
Like suck it up sister,
you mom was sick
for years.
And years.
So then I do.
Suck it up!
Or at least I try.
And go cry in the privacy of my own bathroom,
being quiet enough so the girls don't hear.
But I'm not a quiet cry 'r.
Another revelation I've had..
Your health,
your
GOOD
SWEET
PERFECT
HEALTH and those of your loved ones
is
completely
PRICELESS!
100%
And you don't even get a
chance to really truly
appreciate that
gift
really until you have been
constantly sick.
Day in, Day out.
All of these things are
floating through my head daily.
I am literally hanging in there.
Like you know when some one
says that to you,
'Just hangin in there'..
Believe them.
Because they problay really are.
By a thread.
Signing out for now..

No comments:

Post a Comment