Monday, August 8, 2011

And they're off....

1st day of school tradition (Breakfast in bed) I just love their bed head & Morning faces!
All decked out in their uniforms! YAY!
Can you tell I've started crying about this yesterday?(Lots of waterproof masscara/concealor ;) I miss them already.
Bay-Shaye Big Kindergardner! Yikes!
Carys, the 2nd grader, OMGEE!

She started school this morning,
And she seemed so very small.
As I walked there beside her
In the MBCS Kindergarten hall.

And as she took her place beside
the others in the class,
I realized how all too soon
Those first few years can pass.

Remembering, I saw her as
She first learned how to walk.
The words that we alone made out
When she began to talk.

This little girl so much absorbed
In learning how to write.
It seems as though she must have grown
To girlhood overnight.

My eyes blurred so quickly
I brushed the tears away
Lest by some word or sign of mine
I ruin her first Big Day.

Oh how I longed to stay with her
And keep her by the hand
To lead her through the places
That she couldn’t understand.

And something close to fear
Was mingled with my pride.
I knew she would no longer be
A baby by my side.

But she must have her chance to live,
To work her problems out,
The privilege to grow and learn
And discover what God is all about.

And so I must share my little girl
With friends and work and play;
She’s not a baby anymore –
She’s in Kindergarten today.

Dear Parents, Please enjoy this small gift from the PTF as you watch your new Kindergartener find their place here today. 'Dry' your eyes, 'Calm' your hearts and rest in some 'Hugs & Kisses' as they set out on a new adventure here @ Monterey Bay Christian. God Bless you & Have a glorious & peaceful day.

( This was the poem, along with some things to comfort moms and dads this morning as they also dropped off their babies, I came up with). Wowzer, what a morning!
This morning was like being thrown in the deep end of the pool, not knowing how to swim. Sam and I dropped our girls off today for their 1st day of school. Carys starts 2nd grade and Bay enters Kinder. Wow, how did that happen? And all I can think about is how much I complained over the last 8 years about how hard this motherhood thing was and how I can't wait til they get into school, blah blah blah.... I'm annoyed with myself now. I wished this day would come and now I want to wish this day back 5 more years. I walked my baby into kinder this morning, sick to my stomach. I missed her even before I said goodbye. The saying is true. Be careful what you wish for mama's. Life is so very short. So now it's all I can do to keep myself together today, figure out just what the heck I do from here, finish some laundry of course and what.... wait til 3pm.Ha! And all I could think this morning when driving home is how badly I wanted to call my mom and tell her about this day and have her calm me down. Talk me off the ledge I just fell off mom,paaalease! Instead, I write. Pray. Think how blessed I've been to raise these sweet babies of mine. What a true gift children are, cliche, NO! Just a sweet gift to make this journey a little better. But I am sad, my heart literally hurts today. I feel broken. But I know this is a new journey for me as well. Whats next, I may not know but I do know this, it's a wonderful ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment