Thursday, May 27, 2010

P.s.

After many face-to-the-floor praying for this beauty right here....Carys confided in me last night that she prayed a 'long' prayer a couple nights ago. I inquired more about this long prayer and asked for more details. She told me then that she prayed to God and Thanked Him for many things in her life, including dying on the cross. BIG! HUGE! RIGHT? And then she added that after she was done praying, she heard God cry.Uh? But for some reason, my first thought was.....that was a 'good' cry. We (Carys and I) always talk about the difference between a good cry and a sad one in these parts. What do you want,we are girls. So I didn't panic. Yet at least. Then she said God then gave her her armor. And another gift. His spirit. (Insert my crying at this very moment here) So this is the real deal I guess. I mean,I can say without a doubt I never had this convo with my mama at the ripe ol age of 6. But this is good. More than good. This is her eternity we are talking about. It's just crazy though. So I have be given this unimaginable peace tonight. This is more than a gift. This is life. So if you are the praying kind and you are reading this now, I have a prayer request. Pray for me on this journey too. Raising these girls to love Jesus. Because this is new to me. Raising children this way. And I have to be honest. This has always been a concern of mine along the way of raising a christian child. I do not want to raise those children who believe because it's what they are supposed to do. Or because they have been 'seemly' brainwashed and have no real tangible relationship with Him. Or because it's religion by default. Or even the worst of my thoughts..I raise a soapbox- preaching- better- than -everybody- only- friends -with- other -christian Christian. You know em, they are out there. Just pray. This is insane. I can't even believe I am typing this. But it's true. And this has to be one of the most memorable moments thus far in my journey with God and my children. God is so good. So so so good. More than I ever knew.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! I too teared up while I read this! So awesome for Carys to be so young and be able to know God's spirit and heart for her. What an amazing gift of conformation that you are raising your girls up in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. Keep up the good work!
    Love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete