Friday, April 27, 2012

Never left unsaid

Dear Grama,
There are no words.
But I will try.
Spending time with you soothes my soul.
You root me with grace,proper grammar(heehee)and kindness.
Your sweet whispers remind me of where I came from and who I am.
You let me be me,without question or hesitation.
You continue to nurture me in my life and
My motherhood.
I can't imagine life without you.
I mean,how could I?
You are not only my grama,
My daughter's Great grama,
A constant reminder of who my mom was,
Who she raised me to be
In my fiercest trials and greatest joy,
You are there to listen,encourage
And most importantly
Love me.
Unconditionally.
You are my longest,truest and bestest friends ever.
Yes,I just used the word bestest.
You are one of my most treasured earthly gifts.
Your friendship has changed my life.
I can't imagine my life without you.
Thank you for everything.
Literally,everything.
These ladies have my
Whole.
Entire.
Heart.
*sigh*
And Yes! I took my Grama to the famous gum wall
In Slo.
Gross,yes.Hilarious,of course!
But Grama was a champ
And I think she secretly got a kick out of it too.
In classic Grama fashion,
She bought these books for the girls during our trip
To the Apple Farm.
While some might have taken this
As a sign,
I laughed because this is who
She is.Always gently reminding
Us of manners,in both
Words and action.
Love.

1 comment: