Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday {Flower Girl Belts}

I wanted to share how I made these belts for my girls.The belts replaced other belts that the bride was less impressed with,shall we say. So I went to work.

The supplies:

Cream Satin ribbon

Grey cotton fabric fat quarter

Cream lace

Fabric Flowers

Sewing machine

Grey thread

The two grey fabric flowers I bought at our local Beverly's.They were approximately 5/6.00$ a piece.But,with coupons,they were purchased for half that.The flowers were also safety pinned on to the belts to give them multiple uses on other garments.They can be used in hair as well.The cream flower was also purchased at Bev's and can be clipped onto a headband in the future.It came with a button attached to the back and clips right onto a headband. Genius!


I cut the grey fabric fat quarter into 3 pieces,long ways,approx. 4 inches in width and about a foot and a half long. I ironed and folded them in half and sewed along 3 sides of each of the belts.I also inserted the cream ribbon on the ends of the belts and finished the edge with a straight stitch.

They really did turn out better than I expected.Here they are in action.And Yes, I was the mom who didn't get one picture of my own children together for a photo op at the wedding!IUgggg

Ashley and Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment